Top 5 Student Blackboard Questions
- How do I access Blackboard?
- What is my Username and Password for Blackboard?
- Why can't I see my current classes in Blackboard?
- How do I upload a file, such as a paper, for a grade in Blackboard?
- How can I organize my displayed courses?
- Students are able to access by the links provided on the Current Student page of www.hamptonu.edu or within MyCampus Portal.
The default format for your username and password is:
Username: 8-digit HUID#
Password: first initial + last initial + last 4 digits of HUID# (the password is case sensitive)
Example: Stuart "Stu" Dents
Blackboard does not require you to change your password, nor does it lockout after multiple attempts. If you are having problems logging in to Blackboard, please email BBSupport@hamptonu.edu.
When you register for a class you are automatically enrolled into the Blackboard system for that course within approximately 24 hours. There could be a couple of reasons why you may not be able to see your Blackboard course.
- Your instructor has NOT made the course available to students yet. Also, your instructor may wait to make the course available to students or may not use their Blackboard course. Contact your instructor to see if the course will use Blackboard and if the course has been made available to students.
- You have been dropped from the class or there is some other registration problem. In this case, contact your instructor to see if you are enrolled in the course.
- Select the Content Area from the Course Menu that holds the Assignment. For example, the Course Documents or Assignments area
- Click the name of the Assignment. The Upload Assignment page appears
- Complete the Submission field if necessary
- Click Browse for Local File and select a file to attach
- Enter a Name of link to file or leave the field blank and the name of the file becomes the link
- Click Attach File
- Complete the Comments field if necessary
- Click Submit when the page is complete
- You will see a green line stating the assignment is complete and you can see your submission history - always make sure you see that. If not, re-submit it, clear cache if necessary or try another internet browser.