Top 5 Faculty/Staff Blackboard Questions
- What is my Username and Password?
- Why can't I see a course I am teaching in my Blackboard?
- How do I export or archive my old Blackboard course and import into the new course?
- How do I make my course available to students?
- How do I upload my syllabus?
The default format for your username and password is:
Username: 8-digit HUID#
Password: first initial + last initial + last 4 digits of HUID# (the password is case sensitive)
Example: Stuart "Stu" Dents
Blackboard does not require you to change your password, nor does it lockout after multiple attempts. If you are having problems logging in to Blackboard, please email BBSupport@hamptonu.edu with your Hampton University email.
- Blackboard courses are auto-created and auto-enrolled from the Banner System containing all official registration and enrollment data.
- In Blackboard, if you do not see your course and you are an instructor, please confirm that your department's scheduling coordinator has correctly entered your name in the schedule of classes. You can also contact the Registrar.
- If you are in the following departments and are registered for your courses, please send us a message with the Course ID (example PHA-717-01-F13). Blackboard Support will manually put you in the course.
- Export Course
- Navigate to Control Panel at the bottom of the sidebar on the left.
- Select Packages and Utilities and then Export/Archive Course.
- Click the appropriate button (Export or Archive), and then choose the sections you wish to include (selecting settings is recommended). If you want to transfer material to another course, choose Export. If you want to preserve an exact replica of your course, including student enrollment and work, choose Archive. Please be aware that only Blackboard system administrators can "restore" an archived course on Hampton University's Blackboard production server.
- Submit the form. Look for a message in a green bar at the top of the page saying that the action has been queued.
- Check your email for a message from Blackboard that the process has been completed
- Navigate back to Control Panel > Packages and Utilities > Export/Archive Course
- Click the link to download the zip file to your local computer.
- Import Course
- Go to the new course, where you want the content to appear
- In the Control Panel, click Packages and Utilities and Import Package/View Logs
- Click Import Package
- Browse your desktop for the course export ZIP file
- Select the components to import (include settings - you may have duplicate buttons for the standard buttons but you will see the empty box icon and you can delete them)
- Click Submit
- When the import process is complete, you will receive a confirmation email.
- On the Control Panel, expand the Customization section and select Properties.
- In the Set Availability section, click Yes to make the course available to users.
- Optionally, in the Set Course Duration section, choose one of the following options:
- Continuous (default) to leave the course available without a specified start or end date
- Select Dates to choose a start and/or end date
- Days from the Date of Enrollment to specify a specific length of time users have to access the course after enrolling. This is the best option for self-paced courses.
- Click Submit.
- Please click HERE for document information.